Hello from far away

Hello loyal readers,

It's been quite a few weeks since everything shut down and we are now well into our hunkering down. 

I have temporarily relocated back to the parents place.  This was not the plan this year, but neither was shutting the spring season down so when things go sideways, you adapt as quickly as possible.  I was extremely fortunate that I was able to get out relatively quickly and after this month, will not owe rent for the time being.  I know others haven't been nearly as lucky as I so I count my blessings.

In other news, rowing was slow to shut down and regattas have been slowly closing up shop as we see how far reaching and long lasting this situation remains. 

I've been working out, taking time to read, and try and stay away from social media as much as possible.  I want news from good sources, not simply random blasts, and we advised the athletes to do the same.

Currently in a holding pattern, our team has scattered back across the country and are working out on their own.  We - the coaches - are going to have meetings to talk about the season, and what we do next, and we're keeping tabs on the athletes as they transition back to uncertain situations. 

I hope all of you are staying safe out there, washing your hands and keeping as busy as possible. 

Comments

Popular Posts