PR vs. PB

This post is a day late, but yesterday was a long day.  Truly it's been a long week, and while I relish being in season, I'm glad this week has come to an end.

Yesterday the women's program took their final 2k test of the year, and nearly all the athletes had outstanding results.  Every athlete on the novice team beat their previous PR times by a substantial amount.  The varsity followed suit with all but two athletes posting new personal records.

It was an excellent way to cap the spring season, and one that I've been looking for.  The novices struggled with the 2k tests this year - not surprisingly since they are inexperienced - and while the tests weren't perfect with some athletes going out too hard in the first 500, they all knuckled down and finished strong.

We're in the final push of the spring season.  WIRAs is only two weeks away, and ACRAs, another three after that.  The boats are starting to gel - especially the novice four - so we'll see what we've got in the tank.

Comments

Popular Posts