Final 5k & Swag
Today was the final 5k test of the 2015-2016 season for the women - 6k for the men.
Overall the times were decent. I have to remind myself that I'm stepping back to club from D1 varsity, so expectations change.
I felt that the novices did well in attacking their pieces. For most, this was their third piece of the year, but a handful experienced the full "fury" of a 5k.
Thankfully no one pulled a "fly and die," and all improved on their starting pace.
I am looking forward to 2k testings, and glad to be done with the distance pieces. I've never been the biggest fan of the distance pieces so moving on can't come soon enough.
Overall the times were decent. I have to remind myself that I'm stepping back to club from D1 varsity, so expectations change.
I felt that the novices did well in attacking their pieces. For most, this was their third piece of the year, but a handful experienced the full "fury" of a 5k.
Thankfully no one pulled a "fly and die," and all improved on their starting pace.
I am looking forward to 2k testings, and glad to be done with the distance pieces. I've never been the biggest fan of the distance pieces so moving on can't come soon enough.
I'm also rather pleased with this piece of gear from the team. It's waterproof backpack, a novel approach to coaching in the NW where daily weather reports seem to either be rain, or 90 percent chance of rain.



Comments