4.2
4.2 million meters makes for a long Sunday practice.
The 4.2 is roughly the distance between Eugene & Lake Lanier in Georgia, home of the ACRA National Championships this May.
It was a fun day, and I even jumped on the erg with the other three coaches for a short - very short - erg session on sliders.
Nothing quite like jumping onto an erg with sliders for the first time since 2004. I was extremely thankful that I did not embarrass myself by slamming the slider back and forth.
It was a great event, and I managed to do a bit of recruiting to try and help beef up the novice women's squad. I'm currently sitting on two eights, but some extra help could be extremely beneficial. It is a bit late in the season to start pulling in people who've never taken a stroke, but I was selective in the athletes I looked at, making a quick judgement based on their height, athletic backgrounds, and ability to move the erg - I didn't care how well they erged, just that they looked comfortable.
Everyone has the day off today for recovery before we start up on Tuesday.
The 4.2 is roughly the distance between Eugene & Lake Lanier in Georgia, home of the ACRA National Championships this May.
It was a fun day, and I even jumped on the erg with the other three coaches for a short - very short - erg session on sliders.
Nothing quite like jumping onto an erg with sliders for the first time since 2004. I was extremely thankful that I did not embarrass myself by slamming the slider back and forth.
It was a great event, and I managed to do a bit of recruiting to try and help beef up the novice women's squad. I'm currently sitting on two eights, but some extra help could be extremely beneficial. It is a bit late in the season to start pulling in people who've never taken a stroke, but I was selective in the athletes I looked at, making a quick judgement based on their height, athletic backgrounds, and ability to move the erg - I didn't care how well they erged, just that they looked comfortable.
Everyone has the day off today for recovery before we start up on Tuesday.


Comments