Nearly Christmas
It's almost the end of the winter training camp, which also means that we are about ready to dismiss the team for winter break.
It's difficult to believe that Christmas is here already. This year, especially this fall, has gone by so quickly. Already thoughts are turning toward spring practices, spring races, and what comes next.
Camp has been marred by an extremely high river, heavy rains, and winds, which has forced a majority of the team down to Dexter Lake/Reservoir in Lowell. I've stayed behind and worked with some of the athletes in the barn on the ergs and in the tanks. I view this as a blessing. I'm not a fan of the production that is Dexter - hour drive, water conditions heavily dependent on the weather, cold water launching for athletes, no shelter/no place to change, 30' drive to Eugene for food and back.
Winter camps wraps up tomorrow morning, and then I'll be heading back home for the weekend for an early Christmas and birthdays.
It's difficult to believe that Christmas is here already. This year, especially this fall, has gone by so quickly. Already thoughts are turning toward spring practices, spring races, and what comes next.
Camp has been marred by an extremely high river, heavy rains, and winds, which has forced a majority of the team down to Dexter Lake/Reservoir in Lowell. I've stayed behind and worked with some of the athletes in the barn on the ergs and in the tanks. I view this as a blessing. I'm not a fan of the production that is Dexter - hour drive, water conditions heavily dependent on the weather, cold water launching for athletes, no shelter/no place to change, 30' drive to Eugene for food and back.
Winter camps wraps up tomorrow morning, and then I'll be heading back home for the weekend for an early Christmas and birthdays.

Comments