Here's where we stand
The long awaited end to dead week is coming up. The reprieve will be temporary - Friday to next Saturday - but it will be welcomed to say the least. I've worn a path in my house going between the computer and the cabinet for tea.
The weather down here hasn't exactly been rowing weather - high winds, steady driving rain, strong gusts - but I'll take it. It's not snowing - knock on everything wooden in sight & reach - and any interaction with the athletes and a chance to get out will be more than welcomed.
Winter camp looks familiar to last year: Time on the erg, time on the water, and then some pieces down at Dexter Lake in Eugene. Dexter isn't my favorite places to work and row, but it is a large lake, and possess a quality not seen here on our stretch of the Willamette: Steady depth. I suppose current is another quality, but that is off set by near constant wind. You win some, you lose some.
After that it'll be Christmas break - where did this year go - and then we'll be back at it.
I'm looking forward to the grind of the spring season again.
The weather down here hasn't exactly been rowing weather - high winds, steady driving rain, strong gusts - but I'll take it. It's not snowing - knock on everything wooden in sight & reach - and any interaction with the athletes and a chance to get out will be more than welcomed.
Winter camp looks familiar to last year: Time on the erg, time on the water, and then some pieces down at Dexter Lake in Eugene. Dexter isn't my favorite places to work and row, but it is a large lake, and possess a quality not seen here on our stretch of the Willamette: Steady depth. I suppose current is another quality, but that is off set by near constant wind. You win some, you lose some.
After that it'll be Christmas break - where did this year go - and then we'll be back at it.
I'm looking forward to the grind of the spring season again.

Comments