1-year anniversary

I'm going to step aside from the coaching role for a brief moment so that I can recognize a momentous...moment.

I need to work on those adjectives.

1-year ago today I was working on selling my father's/family's old house in California.  Needless to say the selling process did not go smoothly, though it did go forward.

And now, 1-year on, selling the house remains one of the best decisions I've made in recent memory.  I do not miss being a home owner.  I do not miss dealing with the management company - they are a great company, but as with all companies, still had their share of misses - the incredibly needy tenants, and the general feeling that I was pouring money into something that wasn't doing anything.

I've heard that real estate is where you want to have your money.  That may be, but given the headaches associated with this house, the nightmare of dealing with it, and the fact that neither my sister nor I ever wanted it, I am glad to have it off my hands.

That being said, I'm currently killing time before the first practice of winter camp.  It's a wet, windy, rather miserable day in the NW, and all I can think is...

Thank God I'm not in an area of the country where I'd be frozen out.

There are perks to living on the west coast, and rain rather than snow is one of them.

Comments

Popular Posts