Where does the time go?
Tonight I was reminded of why I love coaching.
I ran into a former athletes today, back from my two years as the novice men's coach at Lake Oswego Community Rowing.
I hadn't seen him in a while - I don't think I saw him this fall at the Portland Classic - so it was great to catch up with him, find out what he has been up to.
He got into a fantastic school back east with a solid rowing program. He thanked me for giving him some direction his novice year, telling him that he could be great if he was willing to work hard.
Seeing him tonight, it's hard to believe it's been nearly 4 years. 4 years. Where has the time gone? I've seen this kid grow from a tall, awkward novice, to an incredibly gifted, driven athlete. No matter what he goes on to - I feel like there could be a national team in his future - I will always remember him as this funny, happy go lucky kid, ripping off his first 2k like it was nothing.
I ran into a former athletes today, back from my two years as the novice men's coach at Lake Oswego Community Rowing.
I hadn't seen him in a while - I don't think I saw him this fall at the Portland Classic - so it was great to catch up with him, find out what he has been up to.
He got into a fantastic school back east with a solid rowing program. He thanked me for giving him some direction his novice year, telling him that he could be great if he was willing to work hard.
Seeing him tonight, it's hard to believe it's been nearly 4 years. 4 years. Where has the time gone? I've seen this kid grow from a tall, awkward novice, to an incredibly gifted, driven athlete. No matter what he goes on to - I feel like there could be a national team in his future - I will always remember him as this funny, happy go lucky kid, ripping off his first 2k like it was nothing.


Comments