Where do we go from here?

It's late but I wanted to get some thoughts down onto paper before turning in for the evening.

I've just returned from a week in San Francisco which was part refresh/detox from the season and part business. The detox part included a lot of walking around the city - despite the rainy Northwest weather - and a trip out to Napa to go wine tasting with friends and to eat at Bouchon. The business part was meeting up with old co-workers and the program director/head coach at my first port of call as a coach to discuss job openings and catch up on gossip.

Currently despite the serious need for sleep I am looking over my notes from the season and preparing to write up my season review. I've done this the last two seasons and find it incredibly useful for planning the next season.

* Overview of the season
* What worked and why
* What didn't work and why
* Biggest area of improvement both accomplished and needed
* Where do we go from here

That last question is always the big one; where do we go? What's next?

Last season it was a question easily answered because I'd made up my mind early that I would return. This year that question isn't so easily answered. As with all seasons this year had it's ups and downs but this year it seemed as though we the coaching staff were left with a rudderless ship.

I do not feel the need to dive into details other than to say that this season has given me a lot to think over beyond simply preparing for next year.

Comments

Popular Posts