Inventory update
I considered adding this update to the existing Inventory post but decided that this was so "special" it needed it's own.
I've been working on our inventory off and on for the last two days compiling lists and cross checking. Despite the tension in the neck from peering over the laptop and papers it's actually been a rather rewarding experience. I'm learning what it takes to keep track of your equipment, what works and what doesn't - in terms of organization - as well as getting a bare bones look at club finances.
And because of how disorganized the city list came in, it's been a bit of a scavenger hunt. Clearly the person who compiled their list was not necessarily a rower and their detail is rather lacking. For example listing "Pocock single" when we have three of various weight classes doesn't exactly narrow down the field. Still it hasn't been quite as tedious as I picture it to be.
That being said, I finished up the first spread sheet this afternoon and sent it off to the club treasurer to have her look it over and to give me a direction to go from here. I feel that we can cut out the city list because it's more of a run down on what the city owns at the boat house. The insurance list and our own list is more important so that we know what we have and our insurance companies knows what to cover.
I've been working on our inventory off and on for the last two days compiling lists and cross checking. Despite the tension in the neck from peering over the laptop and papers it's actually been a rather rewarding experience. I'm learning what it takes to keep track of your equipment, what works and what doesn't - in terms of organization - as well as getting a bare bones look at club finances.
And because of how disorganized the city list came in, it's been a bit of a scavenger hunt. Clearly the person who compiled their list was not necessarily a rower and their detail is rather lacking. For example listing "Pocock single" when we have three of various weight classes doesn't exactly narrow down the field. Still it hasn't been quite as tedious as I picture it to be.
That being said, I finished up the first spread sheet this afternoon and sent it off to the club treasurer to have her look it over and to give me a direction to go from here. I feel that we can cut out the city list because it's more of a run down on what the city owns at the boat house. The insurance list and our own list is more important so that we know what we have and our insurance companies knows what to cover.

Comments