Summer fun

Despite the end of our competitive rowing season, coaching never does seem to cease. Currently our club is running summer programs ranging from Learn to Row lessons for juniors and adults to Open Row for experienced masters and returning athletes to teaching college students to row from the local community college and running a competitive camp for returning athletes who want to get more than strokes in.

In addition to these daily happenings, I'm running the show on getting our equipment up to date either through repairs, replacements or otherwise. Right now the big project that came my way happens to be fixing three of our coaching launches. Two of our engines seem to have dead water pumps and a third likes to get stuck in reverse; lots of fun that one I can assure you.

Beyond that I am slowly pulling together my training plan for next season. A lot of changes are happening within our boat house and coaching staff so with me unsure of whom I'll be in charge of next season, I'm simply putting together the basics and waiting for additional details before finalizing anything or getting beyond the initial planning stages.

Comments

Popular Posts