End in sight
We are busily counting down the last 10 days of practice before we go on winter break for two weeks. During that time our winter practice facility will remain open during the day for a few hours so those who want to keep up on their winter training can continue to come down.
This week and next promise to be very busy. There's a lot of testing that I want to do between then and the last day including at least one more 6k, possibly two and an 8 minute test. We also need to do our 6 minute test on the bench pull and max test one more of my kids who was out with an injury during our first max test. A very busy two weeks indeed.
I'm also working on a winter workout plan for the two plus weeks that we'll be away from the practice facility for organized practice. Of course these practices are optional but like all optional practices, there are consequences for opting not to do them usually meaning a big drop off in conditioning and being behind everyone else when we resume winter.
I'm looking forward to some well earned time off and am making plans to go up to Port Angeles and Tacoma to both relax and talk some shop with other coaches. I'm also going to catch up on a lot of paperwork that I've continued to let slide - something that I'm not proud of - as well as continuing to tweak the spring training plans. Our spring schedule has come out and while the dates and regattas aren't set in stone it does give me some idea of where we're going to be and where I'd like the boys to be by certain dates. Again the main focus is regionals with secondary focus on Brentwood. Outside of that the rest of the season is a wash and opens up nicely for some intense interval training sessions.
This week and next promise to be very busy. There's a lot of testing that I want to do between then and the last day including at least one more 6k, possibly two and an 8 minute test. We also need to do our 6 minute test on the bench pull and max test one more of my kids who was out with an injury during our first max test. A very busy two weeks indeed.
I'm also working on a winter workout plan for the two plus weeks that we'll be away from the practice facility for organized practice. Of course these practices are optional but like all optional practices, there are consequences for opting not to do them usually meaning a big drop off in conditioning and being behind everyone else when we resume winter.
I'm looking forward to some well earned time off and am making plans to go up to Port Angeles and Tacoma to both relax and talk some shop with other coaches. I'm also going to catch up on a lot of paperwork that I've continued to let slide - something that I'm not proud of - as well as continuing to tweak the spring training plans. Our spring schedule has come out and while the dates and regattas aren't set in stone it does give me some idea of where we're going to be and where I'd like the boys to be by certain dates. Again the main focus is regionals with secondary focus on Brentwood. Outside of that the rest of the season is a wash and opens up nicely for some intense interval training sessions.

Comments