Portland to Chicago to Cincinnati to Club Nationals

A blog first:  An update from the airport.  

First let me say that while I haven't traveled internationally - yet - PDX will always be one of my favorite airports.  

I'm sitting here with the CANAMMEX team, preparing to fly out to Chicago before hopping aboard the connection to Louisville, while the team continues to Sarasota.  

A quick recap of the day.

Today began way too early with a 4 am wakeup call.  We - Matt & I - loaded up 13 athletes and their gear into a van and my truck - the cargo truck - and headed off like a herd of turtles to Vancouver Lake for a quick row with the Selection Camp at VLC.  

Afterward we sent the athletes to shower and relax at Portland State.  I took advantage of the time and headed home to spend some time with the parents, catch a quick nap, and dinner.  

We loaded back up at 8 pm, and headed off to the airport.  After a couple of detours thanks to forgotten cellphones and wallets - they may be as big as adults, but they're still teens - we've all arrived safely and mostly soundly.  

Next stop, Chicago and O'Hare before we split up.  Matt and the CANAMMEX team head down to Sarasota for the CANAMMEX regatta against Mexico, and Canada - hence the name - while I head to Louisville to meet up with the club nationals trailer from Ashland, before heading to Cincinnati to snag the High Performance team.  

Total hours spent awake?  Too many.  4 am Saturday till 10 am Sunday - when I reach my hotel in Louisville - so here's hoping those couple of hours I snagged at home keep me till then.  

Comments

Popular Posts