Home
After four weeks on the road, I'm heading back home. We wrapped up the USMJNT High Performance Camp at Club Nationals here at Lake Harsha, Ohio. Club Nationals is an interesting regatta with a mix of juniors, collegiate athletes, and open athletes.
We raced many races, with a lot of the athletes doubling up events, and hot seating. Overall the men's team made eight finals, and came home with six medals including a first place finish in the U17 Men's Four, and a bronze medal in the U19 Men's Eight.
So with a fairly healthy tan, a desperate need for a haircut, and the remains of poison oak from cliff jumping at Emigrant Lake in Ashland, I head home.
It's been an extremely long rowing season. I started on 8.16.15 filling out volunteer paperwork and starting projects for Oregon State, and finish here in Louisville - flying out of Louisville airport after dropping off one of our rental vans.
Along the way I picked up my first WIRA title, and first National Championship, and first taste of the national team system. It was a lot of fun, the athletes were solid, and I'm looking forward to helping out with the HP camp next summer - hopefully.
We raced many races, with a lot of the athletes doubling up events, and hot seating. Overall the men's team made eight finals, and came home with six medals including a first place finish in the U17 Men's Four, and a bronze medal in the U19 Men's Eight.
So with a fairly healthy tan, a desperate need for a haircut, and the remains of poison oak from cliff jumping at Emigrant Lake in Ashland, I head home.
It's been an extremely long rowing season. I started on 8.16.15 filling out volunteer paperwork and starting projects for Oregon State, and finish here in Louisville - flying out of Louisville airport after dropping off one of our rental vans.
Along the way I picked up my first WIRA title, and first National Championship, and first taste of the national team system. It was a lot of fun, the athletes were solid, and I'm looking forward to helping out with the HP camp next summer - hopefully.


Comments