Pictures, videos, airplane tickets

Again I apologize for the delay between posts.  I'd love to say it's because I've been incredibly busy, but in truth it's because I've been incredibly tired.

I thought I was done with the 4 ams after the spring season, but with the heat, the number of boaters on the lake, and the wind, we've moved many practices to 5 am.  It gives us the whole day off, but it also means a very early start.

That being said, camp is nearly done.  We're in the final couple of days before we break up into CANAMMEX and Club Nationals.  The CANAMMEX lineup will fly out to Sarasota on Saturday to compete against Canada and Mexico.  The Club National boats will fly out Sunday to Cincinnati to compete for club national championships.

I've been asked to come along with the team to Cincinnati, and have accepted - why not right - so I'll be heading back to Portland in a couple of days then flying out on a redeye to Louisville to snag a car, and then meet the team in Cincinnati before heading to Lake Harsha where the regatta will be held.

It's been an amazing camp, and it's been a hoot working with some of the best junior men in the country.  Watching them row, watching the coxswains work, it's hard to believe that they're high school boys, not yet in college.  It'll be great keeping tabs on them, seeing where they go, and how far in rowing they go.

That being said, another 5 am practice tomorrow so I'm off to bed.

Comments

Popular Posts