Eugene

This is the first official post from the city of Eugene.

I could go on about why I don't enjoy this city, but I'm going to focus on the positives.  Eugene feels like a small city.  I don't dread looking for groceries or other essentials wondering if I can find it in Albany or if I have to make a special trip to Corvallis.  There's nothing quite like wanting things that exist in Target or Costco which exist in one place, and then needing to find a FedEx which exist in the other.  

Frustrations.  Come on Corvallis/Albany.  You can do better than that.  

I've started with the Oregon rowing program and am looking forward to being able to sink the teeth in so to speak.  I've sketched out the first month of practices on paper and have been given the go ahead by the head coach.  I'm extremely excited about implementing some of the technical pieces that I picked up from Jamie, as well as incorporating what I've termed, "South African," rowing.  I don't know if it's truly South African, but I call it that because I want to give credit the credit to Jamie.  

That being said, the place is still in shambles from the move so I have more to do before practice tomorrow.  

Comments

Popular Posts