Crossing the line
Today is the day.
Graduation.
It's been a fun, crazy, interesting, 13 months. The formal education ends now, but the learning will continue.
It's safe to say that the coach who walked into UW 13 months ago is not the same coach who is walking across the stage this afternoon.
I've learned more about who I am as a coach, what I value, and what I believe in in 13 months than I had in the previous years. And that's not simply lip service.
We met with Cohort #2 the other day, and worked with them, and we all came back to the classroom yesterday remembering, "Hey that was us." You're going to learn a lot in the next 13 months if you keep your mind open, keep your feet in the sand and not concrete, and truly think about who you are as a coach, and who you want to be.
Two more hours of "instruction" today where we meet the new cohort one more time, and try and impart wisdom on them. You'll learn kid, you'll learn.
Graduation.
It's been a fun, crazy, interesting, 13 months. The formal education ends now, but the learning will continue.
It's safe to say that the coach who walked into UW 13 months ago is not the same coach who is walking across the stage this afternoon.
I've learned more about who I am as a coach, what I value, and what I believe in in 13 months than I had in the previous years. And that's not simply lip service.
We met with Cohort #2 the other day, and worked with them, and we all came back to the classroom yesterday remembering, "Hey that was us." You're going to learn a lot in the next 13 months if you keep your mind open, keep your feet in the sand and not concrete, and truly think about who you are as a coach, and who you want to be.
Two more hours of "instruction" today where we meet the new cohort one more time, and try and impart wisdom on them. You'll learn kid, you'll learn.


Comments