7 days...
It's the final seven days of the IAL Coaching graduate program. We were handed our final project on Friday, and have till next Friday to finish it.
The project is a coaching portfolio containing our coaching philosophy and mission statement, samples of our best work, our resume, a presentation and a couple of videos, and then an assessment of your coaching style both from yourself, and then peers.
I'm currently done with three of the pieces, and am closing in on finishing the fourth. I'm hoping to go into class on Monday with only one part of the project remaining and then spend the rest of the week relaxing.
The class schedule is relatively light with four 3-hour classes, and a short class period where we will interact with the next cohort and tell them all the horror stories they will face over the next few months.
In some ways I am jealous. I enjoyed this graduate program, and while the work has been relatively helpful for my career, the connections I was able to make will be invaluable. It was hard sitting around class on Friday, knowing that I was almost done and ready to move on. While we will all stay in touch - social media does make it easier these days - it was hard not to think that I may or may not see some of them again.
But that will be handled next Friday when we graduate. For now, a few more papers to finish.
The project is a coaching portfolio containing our coaching philosophy and mission statement, samples of our best work, our resume, a presentation and a couple of videos, and then an assessment of your coaching style both from yourself, and then peers.
I'm currently done with three of the pieces, and am closing in on finishing the fourth. I'm hoping to go into class on Monday with only one part of the project remaining and then spend the rest of the week relaxing.
The class schedule is relatively light with four 3-hour classes, and a short class period where we will interact with the next cohort and tell them all the horror stories they will face over the next few months.
In some ways I am jealous. I enjoyed this graduate program, and while the work has been relatively helpful for my career, the connections I was able to make will be invaluable. It was hard sitting around class on Friday, knowing that I was almost done and ready to move on. While we will all stay in touch - social media does make it easier these days - it was hard not to think that I may or may not see some of them again.
But that will be handled next Friday when we graduate. For now, a few more papers to finish.
Comments