June
June has rarely been a favorite month. Aside from Father's Day and mine and my sister's birthdays, there isn't much to look forward to in June.
This dislike of June has only been heightened since I began coaching. Junes means the end of the season - typically. It means at least two and a half months of "down" activities until we can start coaching again.
This month, June means job applications, cover letters, resumes, and references. At this point I've applied for nine positions. That's not too many - my first summer out of college was 28, and a couple of years ago was 22 - but they are all upper division programs - Division 1 - or head coaching positions.
June is the month of applications, but not of hearing back. So far I've received one solitary, "We have received your application."
June requires much patience, something that I have a finite amount of, and an even smaller amount at the end of a season.
This dislike of June has only been heightened since I began coaching. Junes means the end of the season - typically. It means at least two and a half months of "down" activities until we can start coaching again.
This month, June means job applications, cover letters, resumes, and references. At this point I've applied for nine positions. That's not too many - my first summer out of college was 28, and a couple of years ago was 22 - but they are all upper division programs - Division 1 - or head coaching positions.
June is the month of applications, but not of hearing back. So far I've received one solitary, "We have received your application."
June requires much patience, something that I have a finite amount of, and an even smaller amount at the end of a season.

Comments