Race prep & playlist


Some side by side racing as we prep for the Oregon State Classic this weekend at Dexter Reservoir in Eugene.  Don't let the sun fool you.  It was a typical NW spring day - cold, windy, rainy.  

One of my favorite things about spring and the regattas are the "little" tasks that pop up.  Changing oar length, or pitching/spreading a boat, working around the boathouse, etc.  I usually enjoy doing this more when it's warm, but a day at the boathouse up to my elbows in rigging is a good day.  I tend to enjoy doing these tasks alone.  It takes longer, but it's my own time and space, and I find squeezing speed out of the tiny details to be good therapy.  As such, I like to put together a playlist that helps me focus on the task, and zone out the rest of the world.

My current playlist:
Scary Monsters and Nice Sprite – Skrillex
Midnight City – M83
Kyoto – Skrillex
Anna Sun – Walk the Moon
Changes – 2Pac
Uprising – Muse
There Might Be Coffee – Deadmau5
Through the Fire and Flames – DragonForce
Sweet Child O’ Mine – Guns N’ Roses
Sabotage – Beastie Boys
Short Change Hero – The Heavy
Dirty Paws – Of Monsters and Men
Learn to Fly – Foo Fighters
Sail – AWOLNATION
Ghosts N Stuff – Deadmau5
Budapest – George Ezra
Young Again – Hardwell
Young Forever – Jay-Z
Blackbird – Martyn Bennett

Comments

Popular Posts