Back from Spokane

Corvallis to Spokane is a long trip.  Thank God I invested in one of these.  Three full charges, and there's still a bit left - the battery seems to do better the more I use it.

We left Saturday morning in two busses - men and women - and headed northeast toward Spokane.  This was the first race for the women's team this season - no racing in the fall - and the second sprint race for the men.

Overall I would say it was a fairly successful trip.  The men went 4-0 with a convincing sweep of Gonzaga.  The women went 4-1, the only blemish being a close loss in the 1V.

The good news - in my opinion - were the three open water victories by the 3V8, 1V4, and 2V4.  These are the boats that I've been helping coach, and I thought it was a good setup for the walk-ons to pick up some big confidence boosting victories their first time out.  We also had a walk-on win in the 2V8, which meant that everyone who started in the fall came home with a win.

The trip back was long to say the least, but we're back and working on speed during spring break.  The next trip up is to the Pac-12 Challenge in Foster City at Redwood Shores.  I'm staying home to coach the 3V8 - I'm very happy about this - and preparing for the trip to Clemson and then the Oregon State Classic.

It's a busy spring, but I'm glad to be back into racing.

Comments

Popular Posts