Post clinic
I'm finishing up my final reflection for class, preparing to fly back to the west coast tomorrow as the US Rowing convention wraps up.
Actually it's been wrapped up for some time, I'm just now getting to my post.
First, flying out a couple of days ahead of schedule was a brilliant move. It made the travel a bit easier, and I was able to sit in on the revamped Level II clinic. The bits I saw made for a much better experience than the older Level II, and I've been checking for dates online to go through the class again.
Once again I am leaving the convention with a book of notes. I am very much a visual person so the note taking keeps me engaged, and gives me something to review later on. What did I pick as the most useful lecture/notes? This year the lecturers seemed to be focused on athlete physiology, and how that plays a role in practices and putting together a season training plan. I have new ways to look at the training that I put together. I've always put together my training focusing more on what would be considered UT1 and UT2 with some AT or TR1 or TR2 workouts, but I've never sat down and specifically outlined the plans.
I know that I tend to get lost in the type of workouts we do on a daily and weekly basis and can get overwhelmed when I feel that we're repeating the workouts too often. I try for variety, but I forget that variety can be as simple as having a 10 stroke push or a pyramid.
Always learning something new.
Actually it's been wrapped up for some time, I'm just now getting to my post.
First, flying out a couple of days ahead of schedule was a brilliant move. It made the travel a bit easier, and I was able to sit in on the revamped Level II clinic. The bits I saw made for a much better experience than the older Level II, and I've been checking for dates online to go through the class again.
Once again I am leaving the convention with a book of notes. I am very much a visual person so the note taking keeps me engaged, and gives me something to review later on. What did I pick as the most useful lecture/notes? This year the lecturers seemed to be focused on athlete physiology, and how that plays a role in practices and putting together a season training plan. I have new ways to look at the training that I put together. I've always put together my training focusing more on what would be considered UT1 and UT2 with some AT or TR1 or TR2 workouts, but I've never sat down and specifically outlined the plans.
I know that I tend to get lost in the type of workouts we do on a daily and weekly basis and can get overwhelmed when I feel that we're repeating the workouts too often. I try for variety, but I forget that variety can be as simple as having a 10 stroke push or a pyramid.
Always learning something new.

Comments