Into the drink
Today was not how I wanted to spend the day.
Yesterday while riding around for the afternoon practice, I decided that I would shoot some video with my phone. Out comes the phone, there goes the phone, bounce, bounce, bounce, there are no gunwales on wakeless launches, and into the drink goes the phone.
Blub, blub, blub.
The last thing I saw was the Pocock chevrons on the back slowly descending into the depths of the Willamette river.
Well, no big deal, I'll replace it tomorrow - today - and I have Applecare so it shouldn't be a problem. That was the thought at 10 am this morning when I pulled out of the boathouse and headed into Portland because the Mac Stores can't deal with the phones.
Wrong. Applecare will replace the phone if you have the phone.
"Can't you just go swim for it?"
"Have you ever tried swimming in the Willamette river? In December?"
It's now 745 pm, and I have just returned home after bouncing from Apple to Verizon. The good news is that I have a new phone, and I didn't have to spend that much money. The bad news is that they were out of the 5s that I wanted, and the 6, so they gave me the 6 plus. It feels like I'm using that shoe phone from "Get Smart."
I'm considering returning the phone after the New Year - they extended my "trial period" to then due to the time of the year, and seeing if I can get the 6. I don't mind tablets, but I'd rather not use one for a phone.
Yesterday while riding around for the afternoon practice, I decided that I would shoot some video with my phone. Out comes the phone, there goes the phone, bounce, bounce, bounce, there are no gunwales on wakeless launches, and into the drink goes the phone.
Blub, blub, blub.
The last thing I saw was the Pocock chevrons on the back slowly descending into the depths of the Willamette river.
Well, no big deal, I'll replace it tomorrow - today - and I have Applecare so it shouldn't be a problem. That was the thought at 10 am this morning when I pulled out of the boathouse and headed into Portland because the Mac Stores can't deal with the phones.
Wrong. Applecare will replace the phone if you have the phone.
"Can't you just go swim for it?"
"Have you ever tried swimming in the Willamette river? In December?"
It's now 745 pm, and I have just returned home after bouncing from Apple to Verizon. The good news is that I have a new phone, and I didn't have to spend that much money. The bad news is that they were out of the 5s that I wanted, and the 6, so they gave me the 6 plus. It feels like I'm using that shoe phone from "Get Smart."
I'm considering returning the phone after the New Year - they extended my "trial period" to then due to the time of the year, and seeing if I can get the 6. I don't mind tablets, but I'd rather not use one for a phone.

Comments