The very cold north
I suppose that is a relative term - cold - but I have definitely felt Old Man Winter the last two days in Seattle.
I left Corvallis thinking that perhaps I'd overpacked, and then spent this afternoon wandering through downtown in search of more clothing. Thankfully the prices kept me from dropping the money I don't have, but tomorrow morning is going to be exceedingly chilly to say the least.
Why am I in Seattle? Well, we started the eight hours a week this week, and with the extra time on my hands, I felt a sudden desire to go launch riding. I'm still not entirely certain why I looked north instead of south, but I did, and tomorrow I will be riding along with Coach Jenny Park at Seattle University.
That is where I am headed bright and early tomorrow morning. Despite the weather forecast, I am very excited about this opportunity. I've had a chance to meet with Coach Park on several previous occasions, and I've been impressed by our talks and her vision for the Seattle program.
And I haven't been on the Seattle waterways since 2002, so I'm looking forward to that as well. The two goals tomorrow are as follows:
- Learn as much as I can.
- Don't freeze.
I left Corvallis thinking that perhaps I'd overpacked, and then spent this afternoon wandering through downtown in search of more clothing. Thankfully the prices kept me from dropping the money I don't have, but tomorrow morning is going to be exceedingly chilly to say the least.
Why am I in Seattle? Well, we started the eight hours a week this week, and with the extra time on my hands, I felt a sudden desire to go launch riding. I'm still not entirely certain why I looked north instead of south, but I did, and tomorrow I will be riding along with Coach Jenny Park at Seattle University.
That is where I am headed bright and early tomorrow morning. Despite the weather forecast, I am very excited about this opportunity. I've had a chance to meet with Coach Park on several previous occasions, and I've been impressed by our talks and her vision for the Seattle program.
And I haven't been on the Seattle waterways since 2002, so I'm looking forward to that as well. The two goals tomorrow are as follows:
- Learn as much as I can.
- Don't freeze.

Comments