Golf shorts
First, I am in love with golf shorts. I wasn't in love with the price, but I wanted a pair of shorts that were lightweight with deep pockets for tools, and while I still own a pair, I was done with the baggy cargo shorts look. Enter golf shorts, and I am hooked especially on days where flexibility and movement are paramount. And they look sharp enough for a trip into the athletics offices without looking as though I were coming from the boathouse. So that's my shameless plug for golf shorts. I don't know that the brand matters - I happen to be wearing Ping because thats what was available.
It's been a busy couple of days since I moved in, and today the roommate and I were asking each other, "This is Friday right?" They certainly haven't been the most difficult of days, but they have been extensive in tasks, and mostly out in the sun which does take its toll. The other day we remeasured a rack of oars and helped clean up the boathouse a bit. Today we cleaned down the ergs, repaired, replaced, and fixed up monitors, and then moved equipment to the storage area in the athletics building. Again, these aren't difficult tasks, but moving around in the sun or a hot room drains you rather quickly. I believe that some Gatorade will be the order of the day on the next shopping trip.
Sunday will be the first day with the team, with Monday being the first practice. I'm not sure what exactly will be happening, but I was told that next week will feel more like a regular work week compared to the off and on nature of the last few weeks. I am definitely looking forward to diving in head first.
Right now the biggest obstacle that I am working on - or we since my roommate and I are both trying to figure this out - is parking. Parking is at a premium around Corvallis, especially around the university. Nearly ever parking lot requires a pass, and the parking garage, while only $7 for the whole day, will start adding up quickly, and hit the wallet hard with no stipend or cash flow in. Thankfully the apartment isn't far from the school - 2 miles - but the main road we'd take is under construction which slows the process or forces us out onto a busier road. Both roads don't have a lot of street lights either which is something to consider when riding your bike.
Right now the biggest obstacle that I am working on - or we since my roommate and I are both trying to figure this out - is parking. Parking is at a premium around Corvallis, especially around the university. Nearly ever parking lot requires a pass, and the parking garage, while only $7 for the whole day, will start adding up quickly, and hit the wallet hard with no stipend or cash flow in. Thankfully the apartment isn't far from the school - 2 miles - but the main road we'd take is under construction which slows the process or forces us out onto a busier road. Both roads don't have a lot of street lights either which is something to consider when riding your bike.
All in all, I am extremely pleased with the setup, and feel very fortunate to have landed in Corvallis.

Comments