Fall camp
Quick update. We got back from a two day fall camp at O'Dell Lake. We stayed at the resort at Shelter Cove, a fantastic spot with camping spots and cabins for rent.
The weather cooperated for the most part and allowed for the athletes to get in some very long rows and a time trail this morning.
I spent most of the time on land, helping prepare the meals for the team. It was an interesting challenge in terms of logistics and timing making sure we made enough food, enough variety of food, and timed the cooking right so the food was hot and ready when the athletes came off the water.
I'd say the camp was a good success and there was some talk about extending the stay in the future, something that I believe would be an excellent decision. The water was calm, and limitless with only a handful of fishing boats to navigate. The accommodations were fantastic and perfectly suited for a large team - larger next time hopefully - with everything but food provided. All in all a great set up.
The weather cooperated for the most part and allowed for the athletes to get in some very long rows and a time trail this morning.
I spent most of the time on land, helping prepare the meals for the team. It was an interesting challenge in terms of logistics and timing making sure we made enough food, enough variety of food, and timed the cooking right so the food was hot and ready when the athletes came off the water.
I'd say the camp was a good success and there was some talk about extending the stay in the future, something that I believe would be an excellent decision. The water was calm, and limitless with only a handful of fishing boats to navigate. The accommodations were fantastic and perfectly suited for a large team - larger next time hopefully - with everything but food provided. All in all a great set up.



Comments