That's all folks...kind of

Tomorrow marks the end of the summer session for grad school.  It's hard to believe that I've been in Seattle for four weeks.  There have been times where it felt as though I'd been in school for years, and other times when it really seemed like the experience was going by too quickly.

The consensus is that while we won't miss the nonstop pace of cramming a semester length class into a week, we will miss the interactions and conversations we've been having together.  I believe that the theme of this class is, "Mic Drop" which has been a slogan since the first week.

I've taken a lot of good lessons away from here, some good practice pieces and advice, and the realization that a lot of what we do in coaching isn't difficult unless we make it difficult.  A good team culture?  Granted we have more maturity than your average 17 year old freshmen, but in four weeks, this class has bonded well enough to have heated conversations, and still go for beers when the day is done.  I've butted heads with one guy in class on several occasions, but we still hang out on the weekends, and eat lunch together.  In fact we just finished a project helping each other.  Team culture, positive team culture, doesn't have to be difficult, it just needs to be done.

So now we're onto the internship part.  Where am I going?  I have two options right now and both are currently waiting on a third potential option back east.  I've yet to talk with this coach due to some scheduling issues, but I should be in contact with him soon.  I hope to get an offer from them as well, though I don't hold out a lot of hope given how the job offer just posted a week ago.  Still, the two options I've connected with are very solid, so should the job back east not materialize, I will have two excellent programs to choose from, and two excellent mentors and coaching staffs to work with.  I am looking forward to that.

For now, my homework is done, and I'm kicking back enjoying a rare evening off.

Comments

Popular Posts