Musical chairs
A post with a whimsical flair given the serious nature of the previous posts about bullying, and Twitter.
I don't know that I've coached a single season without there being a theme song of some sort. On occasion it's a song that everyone knows and sings on regatta trips, or use as background filler in the highlight videos. Other times it's simply a song that seems to play during erg workouts or finds its way onto an iPod or two. Some times the songs are just silly, and other times they really seem to define the season or the specific team that I'm coaching.
Two years ago it was the, "Stronger" by Kelly Clarkson. It seemed to play three or four times on every single trip both to and from the location, and was always playing in the erg room.
At UPS the girls picked Tiffany's version of, "I Think We're Alone Now." They would play it to and from practice, or sing it whenever practice seemed to be humming along. They also made sure it looped on the highlight video.
For me personally, "Clocks" by Coldplay always reminds me of rowing.
That's the post for the day. Enjoy the cooler weather.
I don't know that I've coached a single season without there being a theme song of some sort. On occasion it's a song that everyone knows and sings on regatta trips, or use as background filler in the highlight videos. Other times it's simply a song that seems to play during erg workouts or finds its way onto an iPod or two. Some times the songs are just silly, and other times they really seem to define the season or the specific team that I'm coaching.
Two years ago it was the, "Stronger" by Kelly Clarkson. It seemed to play three or four times on every single trip both to and from the location, and was always playing in the erg room.
At UPS the girls picked Tiffany's version of, "I Think We're Alone Now." They would play it to and from practice, or sing it whenever practice seemed to be humming along. They also made sure it looped on the highlight video.
For me personally, "Clocks" by Coldplay always reminds me of rowing.
That's the post for the day. Enjoy the cooler weather.

Comments