Wednesday, Wednesday, Wednesday
Where has the time gone?
On one hand, wherever it went, it didn't go fast enough. I've been chomping at the bit to get this season kicked off. I think it's fantastic that we've set the season back a couple of weeks. This makes it possible for us to potentially go to Dad Vails, and gives everyone a little more time to readjust to campus life. After all the illness we went through last year, I think delaying by two weeks has been a huge boost.
On the other hand, the two week layoff has felt like an eternity. Every day while checking out Row2K, or talking to friends who have decided to join me on the coaching path, and hearing or seeing their practices has made me wish that we were preparing for our third week.
Never happy, I tell you.
And of course what the extra time has done is give me more time to work things out, which has put me in an awkward spot: I'm burned out. Not of coaching, not of working, but I'm done thinking. The last three days have been a huge chore to get out the laptop, calendar and really start putting down details. More often than not, after checking up on friends on Facebook, I look over my playlists, check out some music on iTunes, talk to friends, text, basically anything to avoid diving into work. And when I do eventually dive in, I rarely stay engaged. Too much time off, too much thinking. I am glad I have been because yesterday I caught a potential speed bump before it became a speed bump, but still, in general, I've been doing the mile long stare at the screen.
In general though, this has been the best winter break in eons. Not since my first year coaching have I had such as enjoyable break. The self imposed break to start the season - the 45 days I keep referencing - and then the week in Las Vegas, have really done a number on me in terms of keeping me focused. I've overdone it a bit in coming back, but with 72 hours give or take before I have to start up again, I feel that I'm more ready for this season than any other previous season, including the year at UPS.
Right now, instead of working on the calendar - in my defense, I have all the information, I'm just procrastinating on transferring it to the calendar rather than it just being on the computer - I'm gathering up everything I'll need to get the season going.
* Coaching clothing - Washed, and in the truck
* Favorite tea cup and tea - Check
* New recipe of trail mix tried out and made up - Done and done
* Jump drive with winter notes - In the bag
* Bag - Sorted and reloaded
* Tools - Cleaned, organized, ready for spring
* Keys - In the truck
* Ipod with new playlists - Locked and loaded
* Season binders from school - Packed
* Video camera - Charged
So I'm ready. So ready. Let's get this going.
And I'll deal with the calender later.
On one hand, wherever it went, it didn't go fast enough. I've been chomping at the bit to get this season kicked off. I think it's fantastic that we've set the season back a couple of weeks. This makes it possible for us to potentially go to Dad Vails, and gives everyone a little more time to readjust to campus life. After all the illness we went through last year, I think delaying by two weeks has been a huge boost.
On the other hand, the two week layoff has felt like an eternity. Every day while checking out Row2K, or talking to friends who have decided to join me on the coaching path, and hearing or seeing their practices has made me wish that we were preparing for our third week.
Never happy, I tell you.
And of course what the extra time has done is give me more time to work things out, which has put me in an awkward spot: I'm burned out. Not of coaching, not of working, but I'm done thinking. The last three days have been a huge chore to get out the laptop, calendar and really start putting down details. More often than not, after checking up on friends on Facebook, I look over my playlists, check out some music on iTunes, talk to friends, text, basically anything to avoid diving into work. And when I do eventually dive in, I rarely stay engaged. Too much time off, too much thinking. I am glad I have been because yesterday I caught a potential speed bump before it became a speed bump, but still, in general, I've been doing the mile long stare at the screen.
In general though, this has been the best winter break in eons. Not since my first year coaching have I had such as enjoyable break. The self imposed break to start the season - the 45 days I keep referencing - and then the week in Las Vegas, have really done a number on me in terms of keeping me focused. I've overdone it a bit in coming back, but with 72 hours give or take before I have to start up again, I feel that I'm more ready for this season than any other previous season, including the year at UPS.
Right now, instead of working on the calendar - in my defense, I have all the information, I'm just procrastinating on transferring it to the calendar rather than it just being on the computer - I'm gathering up everything I'll need to get the season going.
* Coaching clothing - Washed, and in the truck
* Favorite tea cup and tea - Check
* New recipe of trail mix tried out and made up - Done and done
* Jump drive with winter notes - In the bag
* Bag - Sorted and reloaded
* Tools - Cleaned, organized, ready for spring
* Keys - In the truck
* Ipod with new playlists - Locked and loaded
* Season binders from school - Packed
* Video camera - Charged
So I'm ready. So ready. Let's get this going.
And I'll deal with the calender later.

Comments