Recharged
Apologies about the length between posts readers, but I've just gotten back home from a last minute vacation/recharge.
This has been one of the better winter/summer/mandatory breaks in a season, and while I've been feeling the "chomping at the bit" for the season to begin, the break has done some good.
I'm sure, as a loyal reader, you've known about my self imposed break to start the winter season - 45 days away from work - but this trip was a new twist, and is one that I'm anxious to repeat. The last 5 days I've been having a great time catching up with a couple of friends in Las Vegas, hitting up more restaurants than needed - really looking forward the normal eating routine of the season - some sights, and lots, and lots of walking. We averaged around 28,000 steps a day - we had a pedometer with us - a couple of days easily topping 30,000. Lesson learned about what shoes to bring. I brought some very nice ones in an effort to continue this grown up look, but really regretted not bringing a pair of tennis shoes. The lack of support from dress shoes and Doc Martins has left my feet covered with blisters. The last two days in town, I was limping around from place to place, more interested in walking because every time we stopped, it hurt more to get going again.
Anyhow as funny as it sounds coming back from a Vegas vacation, I am relaxed, refreshed, and ready to kick start this season.
This has been one of the better winter/summer/mandatory breaks in a season, and while I've been feeling the "chomping at the bit" for the season to begin, the break has done some good.
I'm sure, as a loyal reader, you've known about my self imposed break to start the winter season - 45 days away from work - but this trip was a new twist, and is one that I'm anxious to repeat. The last 5 days I've been having a great time catching up with a couple of friends in Las Vegas, hitting up more restaurants than needed - really looking forward the normal eating routine of the season - some sights, and lots, and lots of walking. We averaged around 28,000 steps a day - we had a pedometer with us - a couple of days easily topping 30,000. Lesson learned about what shoes to bring. I brought some very nice ones in an effort to continue this grown up look, but really regretted not bringing a pair of tennis shoes. The lack of support from dress shoes and Doc Martins has left my feet covered with blisters. The last two days in town, I was limping around from place to place, more interested in walking because every time we stopped, it hurt more to get going again.
Anyhow as funny as it sounds coming back from a Vegas vacation, I am relaxed, refreshed, and ready to kick start this season.
Comments