Little time left

I say this every winter, but once again spring is around the corner and it can't come quickly enough.  We have a little over a month left of winter training before we start up again for spring. 

This week will be the first team meeting of 2013.  We're getting together to shake the rust off, get everyone's mind focused on the remaining weeks, and to make sure we're all on the same page as we prepare to move forward.  Still, there won't be any formal practices for another four weeks so this is more just a teaser of what's to come. 

Between then and now is a lot of ground work that needs to be finished.  Still I find that I am personally in a very good place.  Those weeks I took off in the fall have really been paying off, and I feel sharper, and more prepared to get this season underway, and I feel that it's reflecting in the practice plans, and work that I've been putting together. 

We had our first speed bump of the season the other day, and while it will take some readjusting, I feel that it's been handled well, and that the 45 day layoff at the beginning helped with clarity on this end.  We were able to deal with the situation and move forward quickly, and I'm still feeling good, not fatigued, or as though the foundation of the season has taken a hit. 

So until then, I've still got a lot of work ahead of me, and one last gasp vacation planned.  If you are already into your practices, I envy you and can't wait to join you.  If not, and you're like me, pining for water, then here's to us and the days between.  Hopefully they pass quickly.

And again to everyone, good luck this season. 

Comments

Popular Posts