Turkey Day leftovers

Another Thanksgiving has come and gone, and now we are into dead week.  Each year I'm reminded of one of my favorite quotes by Thomas Paine:

"These are the times that try men's souls."

Granted the circumstances aren't quite so desperate, but the layoff isn't much fun.  It's one of the downsides to coaching at the collegiate level:  Dead time.  I enjoyed coaching juniors because we'd move into more limited - 4 days a week - coaching, but there would still be plenty of hands on work.  I long for those 1-hour erg sessions, and weights.  

That being said, the layoff is a welcome respite this year.  Trailers do not have solid insulation, and while I have found ways to combat it, none have proven overly effective.  There's nothing quite like getting up in the early morning and wondering if you've slept outside.  I can tell you that nothing holds onto you like the blankets when the interior temp hovers around 50.  Chilly.

That's all I've got today dear readers.  A short update, with not a lot to talk about.  Dead week, then winter training camp, then another two or three weeks of idleness.  

Hurry up spring.  

Comments

Popular Posts