Firsts of the year
The first cold of the season hit this weekend. Friday was enjoyable, but Saturday - Monday were less so. Fever, headache, running nose, and all the usual suspects made for a rather low key weekend.
I'm feeling a bit better so despite the chance for a relapse in health, I donned a jacket and hit the road. I can only be cooped up for so long before I start to go stir crazy, and one can only watch so many movies before everything begins to run together.
October came and went, and I'm glad to see it go. November has settled into a more easy gait, and it's difficult to believe that I'm already staring at winter break, winter camp, and spring.
The varsity squad hit Seattle this weekend, and while the results were less than ideal, I believe that the team should know what it's up against come spring, and hopefully that spurs the drive to stay in better shape.
The walk-ons continue to come along. We're holding steady at 18, but we never know who will pull the plug in winter. This year is a very solid group, and they're starting to understand what it means to apply pressure to the blade. We were ahead of them in this category last year, but I believe the fitness level of this year is greater than that of last. Hopefully that pays off in the spring.

Comments