6ks underway

The first week of pre-season practice is done.  Not officially, but yours truly has some logistics to figure out, so I am away from the boathouse for the time being.

As much as I love my career, and the challenges, I hate moving.  Moving is the single bugaboo that gets to me every time.

So currently I am working on my moving to Corvallis for the second time in a year plan.  So far, so good.  I am hoping to be down in Corvallis by the end of next week.

We kicked off the year with some 6k testing.  I have to say that I'm pleasantly surprised by the results.  While we're not "World Class," right now, the athletes seem to have picked up some urgency over the summer.  While a couple are a bit further back than ideal, most are either faster than their best time last year, or within two seconds.  Two seconds over 6k is more a consistency issue than it is a fitness issue.

More staff meetings, more team meetings, and getting this years coaching journal ready to go.

Comments

Popular Posts