Grinding

It's been a slow couple of weeks, hence the lack of updates.  The biggest internship project I've been working on is the highlight video for the upcoming alumni dinner.  I received the rough cut last week, and aside from some minor editing, it's ready to go to print - just in time for the Oscars.

The big news outside of the video is that I am almost done with the winter quarter for classes, and not a moment too soon.  The accounting class has been worthwhile, but the information technology class which continues to recycle lessons from 5 years ago, has been less than ideal.  I'm slogging my way through a lengthy, repetitive paper at this moment - 10 pages, repeating instructions, etc. - which has led to my lack of motivation.  The end is in sight, but I'm struggling to get up enough steam to push to the end.

That being said, I'm hopeful that winter has come and gone here in Corvallis.  It's cold, but sunny outside with some brisk winds that tear through the apartment.  A friend of mine coaching on the east coast sent this picture the other day.


I replied with the following picture of our afternoon practice.


I don't get into comparisons, nor do I subscribe to the current trend of declaring everything, "THE BEST EVER," but I will admit to being very west coast slanted.

Comments

Popular Posts