Paging Mr. Lewis

A brief and less serious post today.

I bought my first copy of the book in 2005 or so, and have read it many times over.  The last 20 pages of the book have fallen out, the cover is torn, the spin is mangled, and I've written in, marked up, and generally thoroughly enjoyed this book to the fullest extent.  So, after several friends had remarked about the "well loved" nature of the first book, I decided to purchase a second copy, and perhaps, if I were lucky enough, one day have Brad Lewis - the author, and one of my rowing idols - autograph it.

Low and behold, an autographed copy of his book, plus a short hand written note to boot.  While I wasn't thrilled that the USPS decided to drop kick the package through the system - the package was literally falling apart when I got it - I felt like a kid meeting their sports hero when I opened the book.

Comments

Popular Posts