Out of clever titles
I realize that "clever" might be debatable but I try and put up something new each time I post but tonight I'm just about spent. Tomorrow begins an incredibly busy week for me though there will be much "down" time meaning there will be a lot of chewing on finger nails time.
Tomorrow is a rather typical Monday where I head off to work. However after work instead of relaxing and contemplating cooking something for dinner I'll be studying and prepping for Tuesday. This means a lot of fact checking, research and taking of notes plus thinking through hypothetical questions and grilling myself with old interview questions because....
...Tuesday I will be down in Salem at the alma mater from noon till whenever. I'll be meeting and lunching with the interim head coach, then meeting the new athletic director and the search committee, then touring the boat houses and equipment - hoping to see my old eight as well as the new women's eight and new men's four - and then meeting the team.
Wednesday will begin the nail biting wondering what decision might be made regarding the coaching position - there are two available and I'd be fine with either - and hoping that I've done as good a job as I could giving smart answers, being myself and being real and basically giving as good an accounting for myself as I could. I also will probably have my only social outing of the week this evening and while it's been a while since I've hung out with this person I will probably also be checking my phone and e-mail nervously.
Thursday is THE DAY; the day I find out where exactly I'll be this season. A lot of things hinge on Thursday and I'm very torn. Part of me is pining for this job; it's college, it's in the northwest, it's in the Northwest Conference and it's my alma mater. Another part of me would be ok not getting the job which means that I can stay where I am, continue to work, possibly expand a bit and then try again next year. It's a comfort feeling that I'm attempting to fight, pushing myself out of my comfort zone.
Friday will come when it comes. It will be my last official day at my current club which will be rather bittersweet. I'm sad to be leaving but also excited for the new possibilities.
The last few weeks I've been tossing around various cliches and such that both bring me comfort and keep me excited and in the right frame of mind for going forward. I have not allowed myself to wallow and feel sorry for me and the situation that I find myself in. Typically I don't like cliches because I feel as though I'm in a bad 80's or 90's sports movie trying to rally the troops but in reality that is exactly where I am only I'm rallying myself.
This week should be interesting. I should have titled this post "moving and shaking." There is always next time. Stay tuned...
Tomorrow is a rather typical Monday where I head off to work. However after work instead of relaxing and contemplating cooking something for dinner I'll be studying and prepping for Tuesday. This means a lot of fact checking, research and taking of notes plus thinking through hypothetical questions and grilling myself with old interview questions because....
...Tuesday I will be down in Salem at the alma mater from noon till whenever. I'll be meeting and lunching with the interim head coach, then meeting the new athletic director and the search committee, then touring the boat houses and equipment - hoping to see my old eight as well as the new women's eight and new men's four - and then meeting the team.
Wednesday will begin the nail biting wondering what decision might be made regarding the coaching position - there are two available and I'd be fine with either - and hoping that I've done as good a job as I could giving smart answers, being myself and being real and basically giving as good an accounting for myself as I could. I also will probably have my only social outing of the week this evening and while it's been a while since I've hung out with this person I will probably also be checking my phone and e-mail nervously.
Thursday is THE DAY; the day I find out where exactly I'll be this season. A lot of things hinge on Thursday and I'm very torn. Part of me is pining for this job; it's college, it's in the northwest, it's in the Northwest Conference and it's my alma mater. Another part of me would be ok not getting the job which means that I can stay where I am, continue to work, possibly expand a bit and then try again next year. It's a comfort feeling that I'm attempting to fight, pushing myself out of my comfort zone.
Friday will come when it comes. It will be my last official day at my current club which will be rather bittersweet. I'm sad to be leaving but also excited for the new possibilities.
The last few weeks I've been tossing around various cliches and such that both bring me comfort and keep me excited and in the right frame of mind for going forward. I have not allowed myself to wallow and feel sorry for me and the situation that I find myself in. Typically I don't like cliches because I feel as though I'm in a bad 80's or 90's sports movie trying to rally the troops but in reality that is exactly where I am only I'm rallying myself.
This week should be interesting. I should have titled this post "moving and shaking." There is always next time. Stay tuned...

Comments
Any news? We’re pulling for you! Who is the interim head coach? Is Susan Parkman out?
http://www.willamette.edu/athletics/news/archive/2011/07/22_ROW_Parkman_Resigns.php