Humble pie

I have fallen way behind with updates. It's been a rather eventful summer and it seems to be picking up speed as we draw nearer and nearer to it's close.

A lot of things have happened this summer and it has been a roller coaster ride of highs and lows, both personally and professionally. Things are changing quickly and will continue to change as September approaches. I know that this is a tad bit vague but I want a few more things to fall into place before I chat about them.

Rest assured dear viewers I'll have a more thorough update regarding this summer's craziness in a couple of weeks.

That being said, I was in Seattle this weekend for a last minute vacation to unwind from this summer and to get ready to gear up for another season. I mostly stayed in the Bellevue area at the Hyatt, but ventured into Seattle and down toward Pikes to see what was happening.

Major mistake.

Not only was HempFest still happening - I didn't realize this - but the Seahawks were also gearing up for a pre-season game verses the Vikings. It took me about 30 minutes to get into downtown Seattle from where I was up near Everett - went for a morning drive - and then nearly two hours to navigate my way through the city, down along the water front and over to I-90 so I could head back to Bellevue.

In the process of doing this I managed to maneuver my large truck through a rather tiny parking garage, avoid turning the wrong way down one ways and without running a significant number of red lights though on occasion this couldn't be helped. I was also rather impressed by my memory retention of the layout of Seattle proper and the streets and though getting from one end to the other was like swimming against a current of molasses in the winter, had there been a typical amount of down town traffic, life would have been good.

Currently I'm working on a few things for this upcoming season and relaxing in some air conditioning. Enjoy the remaining few days of summer.

Comments

Popular Posts