Push to the end

We're entering what might be described as "go time." Monday marks three weeks left in the spring season and there's a lot to do between then and now.

Right now we're gearing up for Regionals. We've got about two weeks to find whatever speed we've been missing all season before it's time to put up. I've spent this weekend working on details regarding pitch and spread. I feel as though I've put almost too much time into this project but I'm happy with what I've got thus far. I'm kicking myself for not ordering the spread tool that I want from Active Tools but there might be enough time to get it ordered. We'll see. I don't need it but it certainly would make life easier.

All that being said, I'm hoping that the training plan that I set up this year works out. I took some times from this weekend's regatta - Brentwood - and though the weather played heck with us and canceled a couple of races that I wanted to see, I think that we're on target. It remains to be seen if I can find about 5 more seconds of speed from my eight and about the same from the top four.

Tomorrow is going to be a long day. We start new sculling classes at 5 am and I have a second sculling class starting a few hours later. It's go time.

Comments

Popular Posts