The end is near!

It's been a very busy last few days with everyone gearing up for Northwest Regionals this weekend. I've gotten lucky thus far this season but for a couple of days there it looked like everything was about to come crashing down. A 48 hour stretch starting last Thursday made for some tense moments and had me burning the midnight oil trying to hold things together. Last second illnesses are never fun to try and deal with or work around.

Still it looks like most everything has come together. We certainly can't afford to take another hit but things have stabilized out a bit and now I'm hoping that we can just coast into the weekend without any further dramatics. I've got my boats prepped and ready to go. Rigging is tedious but also - in my opinion - rather rewarding. Crunching numbers isn't always fun especially when you end up with odd fractions which is what I get for not remembering to buy new rigging tools but it still went rather well and I believe that after much, too much thought, I've hit a good combination. Hopefully the boats will come down the course upright but that remains to be seen.

Yesterday we picked up the shell that my top four will be using. Typically I'm not a fan of us getting hold of a boat this late in the season but it is what it is and the guys really liked the boat. Today we will practice for the last time this season and then Wednesday we're de-rigging and sending the boats two days ahead so we can snag a good spot. "Prior preparation prevents piss poor performance" - thank you Anthony Bourdain. Thursday the varsity athletes will go up and rig the boats while the novice kick out one final land practice and then Friday we see what we're made of.

Novice Men Schedule

Friday 5/20

- N4 heat
- 2N4A/2N4B timed finals

Saturday 5/21

- N4 final (hopefully)
- N8 heat

Sunday 5/22

- N8 final (hopefully)

Comments

Popular Posts