The Night Before
A first for this blog - I believe: a post on the eve of a regatta. I feel as though I should be celebrating with something stronger than a rather expensive bottle of Aquafina but I'll settle for pouring it into a glass. I managed to pack everything I needed for this short trip except for of course my water bottle which is currently residing at home on the dining room table. The ice has probably melted by this time but it still sounds better than this.We just finished up our boat meetings and now I'm going over any last second changes that I need to make to my lineups, writing down a check list of things that I might need to do tomorrow because in the rush to get athletes going, boats down in priority, coxswains off to the coxswain meeting and glad handing with the parents who made the trip, I will inevitably forget to do something. I know you sharp eyed readers out there will probably wonder if the sentence "bring everything" really constitutes a list and the short and long answer is yes. Detailed no but a list none-the-less.
I've already started working on lineups for our next race which is coming up sooner than I choose to remember leaving me with many details to work in but none of which can be accomplished tonight.
Tomorrow's schedule looks something like this (we're starting in the AM for those playing the home version):
4:00 - Wake up
4:30 - Breakfast
5:10 - Meet at bus, take attendance
5:15 - Head for the race course, begin rigging boats
6:30ish - Coaches and coxswains meeting
7:00 launch the first boat.
7:40 to 5:00 racing (no need to break down specific details here)
1:10 - 5:30 de-rig boats and load trailer
6:00 - Load bus, take attendance, head for home
9:00 - Arrive at boat house.
As you can see a rather easy schedule tomorrow. It actually is; just a lot of hurry up and wait. Should be good and the weather forecast is for clearing skies toward the afternoon. Cross your fingers.

Comments
And I just noticed our blog shout out on your home page - much as gracias!