Recharge

I spent the last few days in Port Angeles visiting a friend, squeezing in a last bit of vacation before locking into the rest of winter and spring. It was a perfect getaway where I let go of coaching completely not even bringing my books, notebooks or laptop and instead focused on catching up, drinking strong cups of tea and working on massive jigsaw puzzles and playing cribbage. We hiked through the woods - I ended up with a massive blister on my heel thanks to my boots that are falling apart, bad decision on my part - went wine tasting, cooked for each other and generally had a very low key few days with nothing to do but interact.

Hiking through the Olympic Peninsula. I'm going to have to return when it's not 30 degrees outside and snowing.

Speaking of snow, the last night I was there it really came down on us - about 6 inches - so we went out and played with the dog and watched it snow.

I drove up the 101 after coming through Olympia. It's the first time I've been on that side of the forest and it's absolutely beautiful. While I felt the directions I got gave me a rather generous time of travel - 5 hours - I did spend some time off the side of the road taking pictures.

Comments

Popular Posts