5 months, 24 days
Today is the first day back from winter break. We've got a little over a month left of land practice before we hit the water again. I'm looking forward to starting practice again. Though the two weeks went by quickly, I was still itching for us to resume. Having looked back over the notes that I've taken since we started I've been spending time adjusting the remaining practices to focus on areas that I believe we're lacking in.
Overall I'm about 60/40 on how I feel practice has been running. Our results are pretty good - not great - but the intensity has been lacking. I'm not looking to drive the whip but I would like to see us attack the practices with a little more drive. I'd say that when we stopped for winter we were focusing about 75% of the time which isn't good enough. We need to be operating at a higher efficiency and intensity. In other words, I need to find a way to get them to understand better that simply showing up to practice isn't enough. Every minute of practice counts for you or against you.

Comments