Ugly Christmas sweaters
Hello loyal readers, and happy holidays.
It's difficult to believe that 2019 is nearly over and that perfect sight is right around the corner.
Currently I am sitting at my parents place, enjoying an ugly Christmas sweater. Food shopping is done, and tomorrow food prep will begin. This year, as last year, I've gone Francophile with the menu. Mushroom & leek soup, pommes puree, and boeuf bourguignon. Delicious.
As 2019 comes to a close, it's nice to reflect back upon the year. It was a good year. Frustrating at times, joyful at others, and all in all, a far cry from the train wreck that was 2018. Working for a legit program helps, but working with stellar, upstanding folk helps even more. No more looking over the shoulder. No more double standards, unreasonable expectations, ever changing priorities, etc.
Summer was fun as well. Coaching a juniors camp, running summer regattas, all things that I've never experienced before - not to this extent - and generally staying involved in coaching while also visiting another part of the country. And of course improving my personal life as well with a wonderful girlfriend who also provided my amazing Christmas sweater.
Much love and well wishes to all of you. Happy holidays, and such. We'll see you in 2020.
See what I did there?
It's difficult to believe that 2019 is nearly over and that perfect sight is right around the corner.
Currently I am sitting at my parents place, enjoying an ugly Christmas sweater. Food shopping is done, and tomorrow food prep will begin. This year, as last year, I've gone Francophile with the menu. Mushroom & leek soup, pommes puree, and boeuf bourguignon. Delicious.
As 2019 comes to a close, it's nice to reflect back upon the year. It was a good year. Frustrating at times, joyful at others, and all in all, a far cry from the train wreck that was 2018. Working for a legit program helps, but working with stellar, upstanding folk helps even more. No more looking over the shoulder. No more double standards, unreasonable expectations, ever changing priorities, etc.
Summer was fun as well. Coaching a juniors camp, running summer regattas, all things that I've never experienced before - not to this extent - and generally staying involved in coaching while also visiting another part of the country. And of course improving my personal life as well with a wonderful girlfriend who also provided my amazing Christmas sweater.
Much love and well wishes to all of you. Happy holidays, and such. We'll see you in 2020.
See what I did there?

Comments