It's been a long time

This will is the first post since I returned to the west coast. 

It's been an extremely busy month and I feel as though I've been on the road more than I've been settled into a single location.

A quick recap. 

I moved back May 21st and immediately packed up and headed out to Philadelphia/New Jersey with the Oregon State University men's team, assisting with trailer driving.  We hit the road on the 25th, arriving in Philly on the 28th. 

After two days of practice along Boathouse Row using the Penn boathouse, we packed up and headed to West Windsor and PNRA on Lake Mercer. 

Unfortunately the weather did not cooperate while we were at the race and racing was cut short on Sunday.  Fortunately it meant that we were able to hit the road a bit earlier than we'd planned.  On the way out we cut down through Indianapolis and on the route back we cut just south of Chicago.

13 days, 5838 miles in total.  Of course my friends Chris and Sonja and their children are traveling around the world, and drove from Seattle to Patagonia so my trip is a day jaunt in comparison. 

Right now I'm relaxing and enjoying the rain, and being back in Portland.  I'm currently debating whether or not to continue to coaching career or move onto other aspects of athletics.  I currently have an offer from a program though it would be as a volunteer. 

For now it's nice to not be moving. 

Comments

Popular Posts