Quick update

A big hearty congratulations to the University of Washington women, their head coach, and their entire coaching staff.

The first clean sweep at the NCAAs in NCAA history.  132 points, the absolute maximum.  A dominating effort by UW, and a huge turnaround from a few weeks prior when Cal came into Seattle and left victorious.  Back-to-back sweeps (Pac-12s, and NCAAs), and the 500 National Championship for the Pac-12 Conference.

Cal was no slouch either, placing second for their...10th - I believe - podium finish in a row.  That's simply incredible.  With Stanford placing 6th, and WSU placing 14th, the Pac-12 once again shows it's incredible talent and depth.

I will own up to it now, I am a Pac-12 fan.  With family ties to USC, UCLA, Stanford and UW, I was born and bred to be a west coast/Pac-10/Pac-12 fan.

Again, congratulations to the UW Women.  Bow Down to Washington.

Comments

Sonja said…
Whoohoo! That was HUGE! What vindication, especially after what the team went through last year.
Coach Stark said…
It was interesting, but I believe UW hit a homerun on hiring Yaz. This seasons results certainly lend credit to that with back-to-back sweeps at the Pac-12 Championships, and then a perfect run through the NCAAs. However as odd as this might sound on paper, I think the best is yet to come for them.

The Seattle Times ran this article.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-huskies/washingtons-triple-crown-in-rowing-well-earned/?utm_content=buffer1830a&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=owned_buffer_sports

I don't know that how things went will ever sit well with those associated with the program, but this was a season that could go a long way toward starting the process of moving forward.

Popular Posts