First week
A quick update on grad school. Oh no, grad school!
This is a very intense program. The four week session I'm completing right now will end with me having earned 12 of the 48 credits needed to complete the course. Each class is a week in length which means that you have a lot of reading, and a lot of work to do each night.
This program thus far has been everything that I'd hoped it would be. The class size is small - 12 of us - and very conversation oriented. We sit in a large group and have discussions all day about the readings, upcoming projects, and topics brought up by the professors. Today was a little...spirited, but overall the group works very well together. It's a rather diverse group in terms of coaching experience. There's one coach who has been around for a long while, and one coach just graduated this summer and started in this program. Overall, there's what I would consider to be an excellent spread across the coaching field with experience. There's also 4 other rowers in this class which makes us an unexpected large grouping.
Anyhow, more homework to do. I'll try and catch up again soon.
This is a very intense program. The four week session I'm completing right now will end with me having earned 12 of the 48 credits needed to complete the course. Each class is a week in length which means that you have a lot of reading, and a lot of work to do each night.
This program thus far has been everything that I'd hoped it would be. The class size is small - 12 of us - and very conversation oriented. We sit in a large group and have discussions all day about the readings, upcoming projects, and topics brought up by the professors. Today was a little...spirited, but overall the group works very well together. It's a rather diverse group in terms of coaching experience. There's one coach who has been around for a long while, and one coach just graduated this summer and started in this program. Overall, there's what I would consider to be an excellent spread across the coaching field with experience. There's also 4 other rowers in this class which makes us an unexpected large grouping.
Anyhow, more homework to do. I'll try and catch up again soon.

Comments