Grad school
A quick catch up on the grad school front.
I feel as though I'm on the front foot in terms of finding a program to work with next year. I've been in contact with 4 programs, and am working on getting into contact with a few more. April usually signals the beginning of the hiring season for rowing programs. Unfortunately this year I won't be able to take advantage of the second wave of hirings that happens around July/August. Fortunately, it does appear that I've got several good leads, so we'll see where things go. I've got a front runner right now, but as I did with grad school, I'm resisting saying anything to keep from jinxing it. Yes, I can be rather superstitious.
I also have the confirmation date on when I'll need to be in Seattle. I'm trying to decide when I should head up for school. Depending on where I'm working next year will greatly influence the month long accommodation in Seattle. I'll say that ideally, I will be working in Seattle, and hopefully land a roommate situation with some of those in my graduate class. I'd like to be near the university, and the rowing scene in Seattle is very difficult to top - San Francisco, San Diego, and Boston are probably the closest, perhaps Austin now too.
That is about the extent of the excitement for graduate school. Things will pick up in May as the timeline grows shorter. And I've started compiling my list of items I'll need while I'm on campus.
I feel as though I'm on the front foot in terms of finding a program to work with next year. I've been in contact with 4 programs, and am working on getting into contact with a few more. April usually signals the beginning of the hiring season for rowing programs. Unfortunately this year I won't be able to take advantage of the second wave of hirings that happens around July/August. Fortunately, it does appear that I've got several good leads, so we'll see where things go. I've got a front runner right now, but as I did with grad school, I'm resisting saying anything to keep from jinxing it. Yes, I can be rather superstitious.
I also have the confirmation date on when I'll need to be in Seattle. I'm trying to decide when I should head up for school. Depending on where I'm working next year will greatly influence the month long accommodation in Seattle. I'll say that ideally, I will be working in Seattle, and hopefully land a roommate situation with some of those in my graduate class. I'd like to be near the university, and the rowing scene in Seattle is very difficult to top - San Francisco, San Diego, and Boston are probably the closest, perhaps Austin now too.
That is about the extent of the excitement for graduate school. Things will pick up in May as the timeline grows shorter. And I've started compiling my list of items I'll need while I'm on campus.

Comments