Focus
I am back from Alaska, as of today. A long flight, a long train ride, very little...ok no sleep, and no food between lunch yesterday and dinner today.
Typically at this point in the year, I am prepping for the upcoming crew season, making sure my fall plan is complete, my winter training is done, and spring is beyond the framing stages. I caught myself dreaming about rowing, and racing. Last night I couldn't fall asleep because I started thinking about coaching philosophy and spent the rest of the evening with a busy mind, and tired, cranky body.
So with that in mind, what's on tap now?
Currently I need to finish my grad school application. I know that I am taking a risk - if I recall my high school guidance councilor - in applying to a single grad school, but I really enjoyed my visit to the University of Washington, and feel that their program is the best fit for me.
I also need to sit down and finish hammering out my coaching philosophy. It's changed drastically since I first wrote it up, and I find it ironic that with my vast amount of experience - relative to when I first started coaching - that I would be struggling to put my philosophy into words. Disconnect between mind, vocabulary and fingers on the keyboard.
That's where things are now. Grad school application and coaching philosophy. It's not the traditional fall, but I'm looking forward to the next few months none-the-less.
Typically at this point in the year, I am prepping for the upcoming crew season, making sure my fall plan is complete, my winter training is done, and spring is beyond the framing stages. I caught myself dreaming about rowing, and racing. Last night I couldn't fall asleep because I started thinking about coaching philosophy and spent the rest of the evening with a busy mind, and tired, cranky body.
So with that in mind, what's on tap now?
Currently I need to finish my grad school application. I know that I am taking a risk - if I recall my high school guidance councilor - in applying to a single grad school, but I really enjoyed my visit to the University of Washington, and feel that their program is the best fit for me.
I also need to sit down and finish hammering out my coaching philosophy. It's changed drastically since I first wrote it up, and I find it ironic that with my vast amount of experience - relative to when I first started coaching - that I would be struggling to put my philosophy into words. Disconnect between mind, vocabulary and fingers on the keyboard.
That's where things are now. Grad school application and coaching philosophy. It's not the traditional fall, but I'm looking forward to the next few months none-the-less.

Comments