Another delay
More apologies for the length in time between posts. I'll catch you up on what's been happening.
First off, I decided to extend my stay in Anchorage.
Secondly, I didn't get the job that I interviewed for. That's ok. I'm slowly coming around to the idea that things happen for a reason, and I believe that this is simply more reinforcement that I need to focus on getting into grad school. Coaching is something that I want to do while I'm in school, but that needs to remain a secondary goal until my admission into grad school is done.
Thirdly, and this has less to do with anything concrete, but I feel that Seattle, grad school aside, is in my future again. I've been very hesitant to look back to San Francisco and the surrounding area for jobs feeling as though I would be either stepping backward - not in terms of the programs, but in terms of personal growth - or trying to relive things that I didn't do while I was there. It's also a huge comfort zone for me. I love San Francisco, and it still feels like home, and I tend to get lazy comfortable at home.
But Seattle feels like unfinished business, not to mention the number of programs available to coach at and learn from. I've had this feeling that I'll be back in Seattle shortly - again not because of grad school - which is both exciting, but also with some trepidation since I've been hoping to land in Southern California for my next coaching gig. We'll see what happens.
That pretty much catches you up to where I am right now. My grad school application is coming together slowly but surely, and I've started researching GRE testing dates.
First off, I decided to extend my stay in Anchorage.
Secondly, I didn't get the job that I interviewed for. That's ok. I'm slowly coming around to the idea that things happen for a reason, and I believe that this is simply more reinforcement that I need to focus on getting into grad school. Coaching is something that I want to do while I'm in school, but that needs to remain a secondary goal until my admission into grad school is done.
Thirdly, and this has less to do with anything concrete, but I feel that Seattle, grad school aside, is in my future again. I've been very hesitant to look back to San Francisco and the surrounding area for jobs feeling as though I would be either stepping backward - not in terms of the programs, but in terms of personal growth - or trying to relive things that I didn't do while I was there. It's also a huge comfort zone for me. I love San Francisco, and it still feels like home, and I tend to get lazy comfortable at home.
But Seattle feels like unfinished business, not to mention the number of programs available to coach at and learn from. I've had this feeling that I'll be back in Seattle shortly - again not because of grad school - which is both exciting, but also with some trepidation since I've been hoping to land in Southern California for my next coaching gig. We'll see what happens.
That pretty much catches you up to where I am right now. My grad school application is coming together slowly but surely, and I've started researching GRE testing dates.

Comments